Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tears of Joy

Just last week my husband and I were explaining tears of sadness to our children as we attended the funeral of a beloved family member. We talked about how our hearts are sad when someone passes away and when that sadness overflows in our heart, tears come out. Those tears are an expression of love for the person we have lost and it is okay to cry to when we feel sad.

Today, they got another lesson about tears, but today these were tears of joy. When I yelled from my comfy blue typing chair for them to hurry into the office they came running. Their feet pattered down the stairs and across the floor. But when they reached the doorway, they stopped. My voice was shaking with excitement, but my eyes were misty. This was a completely new scene for them.
Trustingly they stepped into my open arms and let me squeeze them tight. I bounced them on my knee and told them I was so excited. Their faces broke into smiles and they giggled at this wierd and crazy display from their mother. While they didn't know exactly what I was talking about, my joy was contagious and they joined in my celebration.

After I took a deep breath, I explained that I had recieved a review and endorsement from Compulsion Reads (more about them in another blog). Basically, someone who isn't my mother, husband or dear friend had said my book, The Teacher, was good. And good enough that they are willing to stand behind me in promoting it.

This is thrilling news for me an ametuer author who still wonders if I'm crazy for taking time away from my family to persue this difficult career.

So, thank you, BC from Compulsion Reads, for the kind and helpful words about The Teacher and for giving me the opportunity to teach my children about tears of joy. The tears that escape when our heart is overflowing with happiness.

The book is already listed on the Compulsion Reads website, www.compulsionreads.com, if you'd like to see it there. Yes, I've been there a dozen times already today, just to make sure it still there. The actual review will be posted soon, so check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment