Saturday, June 14, 2014

School Today!

I'm going to use this blog to share about our family's homeschooling experience. As you read please know that I don't tout homeschooling as the best and only option for schooling children. We made a very informed decision when we decided to follow this path because it is right for our family and our children's education. It is the right choice for us and I am passionate about our choice...if I wasn't than this whole thing wouldn't be working out so well.

When I share that we homeschool I get a lot of questions about why we made our choice and how we do it. So, this is simply a platform to share the answers to those questions. If you are at all interested, keep reading....

One thing I love about homeschooling is that we make our own schedule. For instance, today is President's Day. School buildings all across the nation are closed today, but not our's. There will be school today. We maintain a regular schedule of school and avoid gaps in our learning schedule.

Now I get some folks looking at me like this is a ridiculous torture to my children, but really they get it. It is part of our day. We don't treat school as a bad or negative thing. They love to learn. So, we keep on learning everyday whether it is an hour of formal lessons or a two hour project.

There will be school today. There will be learning happening in our house today

No comments:

Post a Comment