Saturday, June 14, 2014

If You Could Do Anything...

​Not very long ago someone asked me, "if you could do or be anything you wanted, what would you do?" And I surprised even myself by saying, "I'm doing it."

I'm living the exact life I want to be living right now. I'm homeschooling my children, spending time learning and growing with them and I'm selling books, that I've written. These were only hopes and dreams I had for myself a few years ago.

When I was teaching kindergarten I was doing exactly what I wanted to do at the time. I had the privilege to work in some great schools and with some incredible people, but I don't feel called back to the classroom. While I was there I loved it. After I had children my outlook on life changed and now I'm pursuing my new dreams.

I will admit that somedays I get tired and bogged down by the responsibility of schooling my children at home and feel like I never have enough time to write. And I certainly do look at the "work" I do and the teeny-tiny number in my bank account. The financial rewards in my life are small right now, but that's not what drives me to do what I do. My passion drives me and yeah, someday, I'd love to see a little increase in the bottom line, but for now I wouldn't trade my experiences for a little more cash.

I honestly can't think of any "job" I want right now other than writing. And while the homeschooling and writing schedules don't always complement each other I'm doing the best I can with it. And it would be a whole lot harder to do if I didn't have the incredible support of my husband. We're a team, supporting each other.

What about you? Are you doing exactly what you want to do? Or if you could change what you're doing now what would you do? What's holding you back from pursuing your passions? And who's on your team supporting your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment