Saturday, June 14, 2014

My First Interview

Traditionally published authors often promote their books through press releases, interviews and book readings all arranged by their agents, publists or publishing houses. Going this D-I-Y route, I don't have that same support system. But, I have something just as good, if not better, an incredibly supportive family. And so, in the spirit of this D-I-Y project I gave my first impromptu interview to the most astute six year-old I know. Read on for the transcription:

C: Are you done writing your book [Mommy]?

M: Yes, I finished the first one.

C: What is it about?

M: A kindergarten teacher and her class.

C: Like how you were a teacher?

M: Yes, I was a teacher before I was a mommy.

C: What is your next book about?

M: A cowgirl, named Kate who is going to be in her friend's wedding.
(Smiles from C, she is a cowgirl at heart and got to be in her aunt's wedding a few weeks ago!)

C: When can I read your books?

M: When you are older. They are grown-up books.

C: Like when I am fifteen, maybe?

M: Sure.

C, (whispered and oh so serious): Mommy, are there bad words in your books?

M: Um...yes there are.

C, nods her head and jumps off my lap to go back to playing dolls in the living room.

So, if you are older than fifteen and are not averse to a few bad words, then you may enjoy reading THE TEACHER. And thank  you to C for my first real interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment