Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Presents Under the Tree

 The pile of gifts is growing under the tree. Only fifteen more days until Christmas, I was informed this morning by a bubbling little girl.

Presents are a huge part of this upcoming holiday. The trick for parents, I think, is to balance the getting of presents with the giving of presents. And it's made even harder when the first question out of most people's mouths to my children is, "What do you want for Christmas?" The wants are first and foremost on their minds and their list is long. So, as a parenting team my husband and I try to make an equally big deal about what they are giving for Christmas as well.

We take each child shopping, especially for the other, and he takes them shopping to find something for Mommy and tomorrow we'll be going out to shop for Daddy. And during the next week we'll be cooking and crafting the rest of our gifts for family and friends to help add the idea that gifts don't always come from a store, but also from your creative talents.

How are you balancing the "I wants" this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment